To prepare for your appointment:
- Required: You need to call your insurance company(ies) (medical and or dental) to verify your coverage. We are not Medicaid or Badger Care providers, nor do we verify your insurance coverage. Any balance after your insurance pays is your responsibility.
- Important Note: You are responsible to inform us that your insurance requires a preauthorize for treatment. If one is required, it must be completed prior to treatment. If your insurance denies the claim because you did not inform us that a preauthorization was required, you will be responsible for the bill.
- Review and complete the the forms on our patient registration tab to the left. If possible complete the forms at least two days prior to your appointment. This will save you time and help us to stay on schedule.
- Bring your insurance cards, as we cannot bill your insurance unless we have the correct information.
- Bring a list of the medications that you are currently taking. If you are taking blood thinners and have not received instructions, please contact our office.
- If you are having surgery that requires sedation, you cannot eat or drink anything for 6 hours prior to your surgery. The only exception to this is your medications, which may be taken with a sip of water at your regularly scheduled time. However, oral medications for diabetes should not be taken.
- Please wear a shirt with short sleeves. It is ok if you wear a sweater or a jacket on top, but you must be able to remove it to be able to access your arm for the IV sedation.
- Everyone who is being sedated must be accompanied by a responsible adult who can remain in the office during your surgery, drive you home and will stay with you for the remainder of the day.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at consultation and treatment appointments.
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment.
- Review your scheduled procedure information on our website, omsaec.com
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility. We cannot accept x-rays that were taken more than a year prior to your appointment.